Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaplan DVDs strategy.....help plz!!!! - kashvi
Hi...as u said u don't have enuf time....do as u like as long as u understand the concepts & feel comfortable ...no matter whatever method u follow....once u start doing uw...u will know which lessons r imp & topics to be stressed .... GL Smile
This is so baaaaaad!!!! After listening to half an hour of tape my mind stops taking any more info!!!!...I never was a lecture going person in med school......I cant stand lectures :-(
kashvi..plz keep it up...i wanna finish ASAP...i have no time..almost 20 days..i've already lost alot in distractions and also i hate that tapes...i'm not that kind of person who can sit 4 hrs 2 listen...i'm impatient person...so plz do it that way..i'll try too...coz i'm eager 2 start doing UW...much more exciting 2 use ur mind....go ahead plz..i believe in that way
Depends on how long you want to "hold on" to the material. What you read in one day goes into your short term memory, unless you revise it within 24 hours and then again after 7 days. Id imagine its pretty difficult to "retain" all that information sitting straight up for 8-9 hours. You might have been great at medical school in which case thats not an issue.

But if you were not.. and the material is new to you when you learn it.. then the best option is to keep on revising it, and taking the maximum time "allowable" under your cicumstances.
taking maximum time allowable is not going to serve you any good...You will forget everything at the end!!!...I am watching the tapes continuously now....trying to finish 5-7 chapters per day.....During the day I just watch the 5-7 chapters and at the end of the day I read what all chapters I watched....So thats how I am doing now...I hope it works!!!

I hope to finish everything by the end of this month. Then I will start UW. We need to get to UW fast becoz thats the real drill for the exam. I see many people taking 4 months to finish these tapes!!!.....Well there is no way I can remember stuff after 4 months!!! And most of this stuff shud be revision to you. Regardless of when you graduated this stuff cannot be "new" to you. I was an average student at my med school....but whenever I read any topic I can recall that "yeah....thats how it was...i remember..."....Med school is not something that you can completely wipe out from your memory. You do remember at least 50% of med school. I think...I dunno....lets see how my plan goes.
yes...kashvi keep it up
i'll try that...i have only till the end of that month..almost 3 weeks...and 4 better or worse i have no more time...i'll start UW just after finishing the tapes...go ahead
let me know how is it going on...thank u
Please contact drsanchana if you need it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »