Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the role of STEP 3 in match process? - ampicillin
@ antonella do you thing step 3 will brings IV or even match?

@yhny & antone: good question yhny, and the answer is NO, IT DOES NOT ! I have known tons of old USFMDs have passed step 3 and unmatched!

the facts forever prove the facts of VERY WRONGDOING because step 3 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RESIDENCY TRAINING, if step 3 is done, a MD is independently practice ! and applicants are killing each other while LEAVING THE MONSTER MATCH PROCESS TO CONTINUE DOING WRONG VIOLATION OF EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS AND CIVIL RIGHTS !

only USMLE step 1, 2CS, 2CK and verification of medical education are the AUTHENTIC criteria for any and all MD applicants! But this monster match process has gone TTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO FFFFFAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR away from the right things to do! they add their own critieria which is wrong thing because they cannot use their own criteria for taking government money from medicare for something called training programs! and their criteria are all the BS rules they made up!

TOO BAD FOR THE CORRUPTION !

also, people should be careful with many scam organization to make you give them money and they give you a position! they are in concert with these monsters to make dollars out of the licensing system!

that is the pathetic joke!
Ignore crazypants' advice.

Step 3 helps some people get residency. I typed "some people". Step 3 cannot work miracles, but there are places where it helps. It helps less than before because there are so many older graduates applying.

Delaware psych doesn't even interview applicants without step 3. Dr. Conrad Fischer says it helps applicants at his program. Programs in New Jersey have it on their website that Step 3 is favored. Howard says they favor Step 3. If you don't believe me... look it up for yourself instead of taking the random ramblings of someone, with no credentials to back up their opinion.
Step is a PLUS ,not a MUST. But friends with attempts ,but solid earned LOR's and US.Experience are in residency now. Friends with no attempts and USMLE step 3 no interviews...
How passing step 2 can hurt anyway ??
Warmly,
Antonella
My husband didn't need step 3 ,but that was 8 years ago...he passed while 3rd year in residency ..Now e is last year cardiology and next year interventional. With his scores of 98 and 99 back than and US.Obeservership He didn't need a step 3...He had choices and offered pre -match..
For fellowships interview they were looking at his usmle scores as well and impress by it .
Therefore depend on your usmle score and your US.Experiance, but usmle step 3 can always add to your application, especially with low score and attempts and depend n programs as well ..
how is just passed step 3? would that hurt? or doesn't make any diffreence?
hey aybab, what is crazypants?
hello people, my message is not an advice, i hope you are smart and honest people to notice facts and advice.

and there are bad people on this website they don't give all the facts.
THIS IS FACTS: I am one of the victims myself!

@yhny & antone: good question yhny, and the answer is NO, IT DOES NOT ! I have known tons of old USFMDs have passed step 3 and unmatched!

the facts forever prove the facts of VERY WRONGDOING because step 3 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RESIDENCY TRAINING, if step 3 is done, a MD is independently practice ! and applicants are killing each other while LEAVING THE MONSTER MATCH PROCESS TO CONTINUE DOING WRONG VIOLATION OF EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS AND CIVIL RIGHTS !

only USMLE step 1, 2CS, 2CK and verification of medical education are the AUTHENTIC criteria for any and all MD applicants! But this monster match process has gone TTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO FFFFFAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR away from the right things to do! they add their own critieria which is wrong thing because they cannot use their own criteria for taking government money from medicare for something called training programs! and their criteria are all the BS rules they made up!

TOO BAD FOR THE CORRUPTION !

also, people should be careful with many scam organization to make you give them money and they give you a position! they are in concert with these monsters to make dollars out of the licensing system!

that is the pathetic joke!

passing step 3 is what people should do, and that is just merely passing step 3 and passing it! that is all ! nothing more than being independent practice, and yet it is NOT YET for this moment because of the mess of licensing system!

step 3 has nothing to do with or the requirement of admitting, programs take it seriously or not both are WRONG !

programs should do the right things that they should be IMPARTIALLY regardless step 3 for the sake of the TRANSPARENCY OF THE SELECTION ! but, no they have too many WRONGFUL authority while taking tax money from US citizens!

old USFMDs are the heaviest victims of this monster system!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »