Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check It Out, Got a 99/248 - drcopper
With what I am about to repost, are u sure you want to study any other way then the way I set out for you.

The examination fees for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK will increase from $740 to $780

FEE INCREASES FOR USMLE EXAMINATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY PERIOD EXTENSIONS Effective January 1, 2011, the fees for those applying to ECFMG for USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) will increase. The fee for those requesting an extension of a Step 1 or Step 2 CK eligibility period also will increase on this date. The examination fees for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK will increase from $740 to $780 for each exam registration. The examination fee for Step 2 CS will increase from $1,295 to $1,355 for each exam registration. The fee to extend a Step 1/Step 2 CK eligibility period will increase from $50 to $65 per request for each exam registration. The new fees will be assessed for all USMLE applications and eligibility period extension requests submitted to ECFMG on or after January 1, 2011. For more information on the fees associated with applying for USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS, refer to Fees in the ECFMG Information Booklet, available on the ECFMG website at www.ecfmg.org.
Sure2007,

You found out why its not worth trying to help people on this forum. They like you until you do well and try and help them.. Then they turn on you and don't believe what you say.

"
sure2007 - 12/16/10 17:24

you must have read about hundreds of advices to read this book tht book blah blah but i can guarantee you will never be satified with advice u will receive regarding which books to follow etc and will contantly seek advices

i can say only one thing try to get advise from guys who motivate you,encourage you,give postive feedback to you,increase confidence in you...

ths what i am trying to do here... "
i will start my next step prep and will not waste my time arguing with people when they start question about our advise

best wishes to mrdrcooper and everybody else

i will from now be once again silent observer like 99% of forum users
congratulations on your exam,
I totally agree with you coz personally experienced what you are telling us.
how can i contact you as i need help???
P.S. reality cant be absorbed that easily, so my friend you will face such posts, but you are very good in defending it.
KEEP IT UP.
Ok Dr.Cooper,
I will take you up on the advice regarding the NBME 2weeks before the exam. Should I take any other NBME's???
And,I am sorry mostly I disagree with your way of saying it and regarding the prayer, but obviously your method worked for you and maybe we can take some of it or all of it, plus praying for calmness as add on tool, not the main tool bc God give us knowledge and intelligence and we have to use it and it is normal that ONLY praying will not get us 99.Maybe we can take your boldness directly and maybe your intentions are good ,but you are coming as I said before a little more “arrogant”.Well,we should respect our differences and this is your way and we can take the thinks from you that I agree with our style of studying, but getting most of the essence of your advice. Are you suggesting besides UW, to take a Kaplan Q Bank or which one you will recommend?
I got to a conclusion today that I shouldn’t fix myself of the fact that you don’t believe in prayers (it is your thing, not mine) and I should learn and adapt some of your suggestions into my studies…So, I want peace now and let me know at your earliest convenience regarding the questions that I asked you…
Best Regards,
Antonella
in case Aryankapoor reda this bc I do not want her bad nigth sleep or some affect on her studies..
Aryankapoor and others,
FYI,My husband is Indian and the matter of the fact is that Indian Doctors are brilliant, but yet “arrogant “”.I didn’t invent this because it is the truth. Most of them back stab each other in residency, gossip against one another .I had been around Indian Doctors and I witnesses at work place in U.S.and even while visiting India many, many times. If you think that I am racist or whatever call me, than that is your problem. No one is perfect, but yet actions speak for them self’s. I am not ashamed of my own culture weaknesses and I am trying to do the best that I can to be multicultural by respecting every culture bc DIFFERENCE IS SOMETHING YOU LIVE WITH, NOT FIGTH.However, I am NOT FAN of arrogance and I am not going to embrace it. It is the fact that most Indian doctors knows that they are one of the best, but than they like to exaggerated a little bit of how they have worked in a big tertiary hospitals and this and that. Also we can’t forget the cast systems and so forth and that is OK –you practice all of that at your home, not at your work place by looking down on the lower health care professionals or the ones with a lower scores and etc….Howeevr,they are learning the system quickly and if they want to do business in U.S. they have to be diplomatically correct and soften up a little. It is not easy if you are coming from a nation with billion and more population and so much competition, so you have to be aggressive in order to survive. Well in America you have to be aggressive in a more diplomatic way w/o being overbearing. The thing is that most of us first generation immigrant, we are ETHNOCENTRIC by thinking that our culture is better than any other culture and that Americans are stupid. We want a U.S.Citizenship and we want residency here, but we will not go in fight for America. What we call this??
HYPCRACY right??
The TRUTH hurts, but you can RUN, but YOU CAN’T HIDE my dear…..
Peace and peace and freedom of speech. I realize that if doesn’t believe in prayer –it is His thing, not mine. His method worked for Him and that is a fact. My husband in a period of 3 months with a full time job pass CSA, CK and STEP 1 with 99.He did UW only 60 % and ONLY Goljan..Well his IQ is 135…He didn’t need to study all of the above material, but I have to study most of the one above recommended. I realize that if Dr.Cooper doesn’t want to respect others opinion is his problem, not mine and yes ,I should of not being so bold and call Him narci and self centered ,but I did it bc no one is perfect. I admit, I put myself in his “arrogant “level bc with who you hang out, that is how you become…
We all shifted our focus from the main purpose eof this post and that is of how to achieve 99.So let’s get back to our books or whatever methods and NAIL this monster!!!
No holding granges please… or you can attack me ,but you can't kill me or make me feel down bc I know where I made mistake and I apologize already…

Ana
sure2007, good luck in your step 2 prep.

it gets a bit easier, since you've already mastered the step 1.
Today is my last day on here.

Nobody is serious about passing, all they care about is their religious views and who is from where.

This is a bad board to be on. Anyone who is serious about studying for step 1, should find a new board. There is lots out there.

ok Dr.Cooper nice know you and God bless your sould for your unique wisdom..Ana
Congrats Drcopper, thats a great score, guess all ur hard work payed off.

I dont know wat all this drama is about, but i think its time for u to leave this place and enjoy Big Grin
People will have complains n regrets no matter how much we try to help them.
Thanks again for ur advise, ppl who truly want to succeed will take utilize it properly.
Good luck for ur future endeavors.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »