Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kaplan books step 2 sucks!!!!!! - icu
i just came back from the university i found step up 2 medine good book any idea about it or it is too deep for the medicine i was wondering is kaplan notes has the wright amount of knowlodge we need to pass step 2 ck or we should go for more supplement especialy a lot of uw points r not written in kaplan .. step up to medicine has so far a lot of point that trash kaplan notes miss it i just wasted 400$ for kaplan notes ??????... thanks
I don't just Kaplan notes for Step 2. It's just everywhere and nowhere.
icu
does the step up to medicine help you alot? I am having difficulty with kaplan IM. And thinking switching to step up to medicine.Any adive plz?
i read kaplan and still sucks the format is very bad i dought i will remember a thing ???? but no other olternative 4 step up to medicine is good book but it was 2 late for me ..
Agree with everyones opinion but i read a lot of exam experience in this forum and others and most of ppl recommend kap only...then again remember the last few days before your step1 when FA seemed the best as it was so concise so i think thats wat one should aim for from the beginning ...still waiting for opinions
hi
yeah just kaplan is nit suffecient. which book are you guys following for peds?
i found the surgery material neither up to date nor suff. but all my seniors say that if u remember kaplan word by word , u can easily score in high 90's. dont know which way to go?
I am using Step Up to CK it's a great book.

The funniest thing that I found out about KAPLAN NOTES is that - they copied stuff from CMDT so if you read CMDT you'll find all the lost info that u can't find in Kaplan notes cuz whoever copied the stuff - didn't do it wisely and just randomly picked the paragraphs!!!!

Kaplan is big on copyright and was surprised to see that they stole the material from CMDT.

Step Up
Boards & Wards
FA for Step 3 is good
And, ref: CMDT 2007

Has any one looked at First Aid for Int Med Boards??????
The same as UW explanation on IM. You can find the important points in CMDT are cited by UW, sometimes they have the same way of explanation

I was surprise about that
the only way to use kaplan is to complement it w/ UW info to have somehat of a good background on all the Info. I found out that Hard way. But if you notice kaplan does have most info but its spread out all over the place that why when doing UW after 1st reading of kaplan you can get lost. I would only concentrate on a few sources as using to many will be more confusion, at least that's my experience
guys this is confusing me.. i can see people here reading 4books for medicine... what do u revise at end??? and isn't it easy to retain reading 1 book??

definitely kaplan is boring and lacks points from uw. but isn't this what high scorers recommend??

i am doing Fa + uw + kap.. dont think i can retain more.. isn't that enough??

pl reply..

goodluck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »