Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force - vammfire
thanks th..probably this Q is out dated already...
vammfire,
your questions are very good and HY, so we need to know the right answer so that we do not make the mistake in the test, thats why....we need the right answer..
appreciate that you are posting, but in case of disagreement, we need to solve it so that we have ONE final answer for all.
Thank you.
well look at it this way

the answer a doesnt say anything about females, and mammogram is applicable to females

but BP is applicable to all so maybe E is correct for that reason, I am not sure, i amswered a as well

but after looking at vammfire's answer notes, i think E is right
thats a very good point, ray
but do we do BP check in 1 yr old child annually ? (all individual includes everybody)
maybe we do when they visit their peds doctor

i am on the ain using blackberry,,,,,,,Smile
Evidence is strongest for women aged 50-69, the age group generally included in screening trials.

For women aged 40-49, the evidence that screening mammography reduces mortality from breast cancer is weaker, and the absolute benefit of mammography is smaller, than it is for older women

Most, but not all, studies indicate a mortality benefit for women undergoing mammography at ages 40-49, but the delay in observed benefit in women younger than 50 makes it difficult to determine the incremental benefit of beginning screening at age 40 rather than at age 50.

The USPSTF did not find sufficient evidence to specify the optimal screening interval for women aged 40-49 (go to Clinical Considerations).

Just copied what you pasted......

so i think the Q now is correct, that the choice for mamograpy is wrong.

any input appreciated.
vammfire,
this is their summary recommendation:

Summary of Recommendations
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends screening mammography, with or without clinical breast examination (CBE), every 1-2 years for women aged 40 and older.
The BP recommendation is only for 18 years or old.

http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/147/11/783
This is from CMDT 2008

Blood pressure Recommended for all adults; interval not stated Fair evidence for inclusion in routine care Joint National Committee VII: Recommended for all adults at each clinical encounter

Please Note: they say every adult, not every individual !!

Breast Self-examination (BSE) Monthly for women over age 20. Fair evidence that BSE should not be used. Insufficient evidence to recommend for or against.
Clinical breast examination Every 3 years age 20“40 and annually thereafter. Every 1“2 years in women aged 40“59. Insufficient evidence to recommend for or against.

Mammography Annually age 40 and older. Every 1“2 years in women aged 40“59. Current evidence does not support the recommendation that screening mammography be included in or excluded from the periodic health examination of women aged 40“49. Recommended every 1“2 years for women aged 40 and over (B).

The reason I am putting all these things so that we can reach a conclusuon, this is a very HY Q for the test. So, we need the final answer.

Well question stem doesn't have any specific group /individual/age

so answer A seems to be more appropriate
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »