Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the role of STEP 3 in match process? - ampicillin
and to the ones who DO NOT believe in my words:

I have live proofs, do you see how our environments have changed too much for the worse and worse?

Can you make any connection at all ?

Use your critical thinking like you use it for USMLEs!
softkittenthuy,

We have no rights in this equation and aren't entitled to a thing. If someone wants to ask about my race, religion, having kids, blah blah blah on an interview it'll be answered. You need to stop pretending this is an equal system and grow thicker skin.

Step 3 is important and many programs are honest enough to put it on their website. I have zero problem with a program giving applicants an opportunity to set themselves above other applicants through a standardized exam.

I do take issue with programs that refuse to interview foreign grads but aren't honest enough to put it on their website and save people time, effort, and money. I also have an issue with places that take taxpayer dollars and then won't accept American IMG applicants but will train people from Canada and have the benefit leave our country.

Let's face it: They are trying to squeeze out off-shore grads. Step 2 CK passing score was changes three times in one year. Step 3 exam was drastically changed and will be changed again. Step 2 CS has gone from an English proficiency exam to one AMGs are failing. Once the matches are combined, only the top foreign applicants are going to have a shot. Until then, Step 3 can still help some people at least get a residency.

There are paces that wouldn't take an off-shore applicant with perfect scores. The program director would simply say that someone capable of a perfect score must have some truly bad judgement to have attended school off-shore.
@aybab

too bad the next generations are kids like you! the nazis got what they want molding the way they can split society!

but, sorry, it is not me! or anyone who knows and NOT PRETEND they are TRUE human beings like you! because human beings DO HAVE HUMAN RIGHTS AND PRACTICE HUMAN RIGHTS !

and too bad this happens right in the CORE SYSTEM of the cradle to nurture human right! HEALTHCARE!
Healthcare is not a right.
@aybabtu:

It will take you more life experiences to learn it is a right ! sorry!
Step 3 puts a lot of people in a position for the privilege of training and treating patients.

Things are far more competitive than ever.

Anyone who passes up a chance to improve their application is wasting an opportunity. Especially if they are a disadvantaged applicant.

Remain ignorant if you like but places that couldn't fill interview slots 5 years are turning away people.

Heath care is something we decide to do, as a society, not a right.
your blockhead is too thick to become civilized !

@aybab: your blockhead brain is too thick to become civilized, and the more people like you in the healthcare, the more crisis worsen like it is now!

and America greedy medical corporation would not leave the chance to take advantages!

keep on your own blockhead and malicious false reasoning you can think of!

HEALTHCARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT ! and it is the right that society should do the RIGHT THINGS and this is why the FIGHT between RIGHTEOUSNESS and WRONGDOING never ends because of people like you with power of the FILTHY DOLLARS !!!!!!!!

I know who you are ! your mouth full of corporate greed when you use the word privilege! haha ! go to hell !

bye !
softkittenthuy,

You're obviously one of those people who lack the capacity to understand the distinction between necessity with right.

I need a residency, it's not a right. Step 3 should help in some situations is the point.

In regards to your immaturity: Grow up! The world doesn't owe you a thing. If doing the extra work associated with passing step 3 will open doors to help others, put down your huge ego and get it done. Don't complain about being treated unfairly when you haven't made every reasonable effort to make things better.

Also, your grammar needs a lot of work. Make sure to have someone proof-read communications to programs.
Hello Dr. aybabtu
100% agree with your logical statement, but this is only an observation, mr. softkittenthuy has posted w/o logical reason like 5 post, two of them double with the same. It seems he is very frustrated and I don’t blame him. There is thousands of foreign medical graduates included students born here in America w/o residency programs. And there is a lot of AMG doing residency in programs they hate!! Becouse they don’t have options. Even when you read the email from programs they look frustrated too. Some of them mention that we are excellent candidates but there are only 4 positions etc .
We don’t need to be so hard with anybody here or our self. What happened in America is a consequence of the greedy people, and even they know that. But this is their system, and their rule. And this is not a forum to modify that. I remember the last time I was reading 3 years ago a project to sue the ECFMG or something like that. I did not participate or follow up, but when I put my application they charge me for 50 box and I have to check mark some kind of agreement and pay my 50 box.
To all I suggest to check the Canadian or Australian possibilities. In Canada once you PASS at least they will give you Family, and is only two years with a very decent salary, and in Australia after you PASS only need to do an internship.
Best wishes to all!!!
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
Mark Twain
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »