Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am back.. - 2confused2bdoctor
hearty GL
u've been great help for this forum with the quick replies.
GOD bless u with 99 score
Hope this helps, for Molecular bio.. make sure you read HY cell and Molecular bio question that will give you clear cut idea and clear cooncepts. I have pfd version if you dont have it, do let me know. important things to know about molecluar bio, Histones, Steroid receptor like zinc, finger and exampls of it. Nuclear excision and base excision repair mechanism. Know synthesis of RNA polymerases and transcription and translation and cDNA and genomic library. All this HY topics covers in molecular bio book really good. Look over and you will nail it. HY also covers things like transudtion, transformation and conjugation nicely.
Biochemistry: Dont worry abtout too much details, but make sure you know the key enzyme deficency and where they at..
HY i have seen: fructose and glucose deficience, Heme synthesys, TCA cycle enzymes due to alcoholism, Hypercholestr ot triglyceramide, Urea cycle (ornithine car or caboy phost difeicne..how to diffrentiate), must know NADH, super Dismut and myloperxide.
Anatomy: Kaplan is more then enough, you can read HY if you like, i never did but heard its good. Important topics is know the upper limb and lower limb lesions, GI blood supply and CT scan. Embryology HY topics are in FA but make sure you know little more details and that is covered by UW q bank. write down those extra notes in FA or wheever you can.
Physiology: know the Basics, thats all the basics they ask, need example..ok here it is..
Type A and Type B person living together, Type A person is body builder and type B lived sydentery life style which one of the follwin will increase in Type A perosn?
a) diameter of myofibers
b)length of sacromere
c)incr. number of cells of myofibers..cant be this thats hyperplasia..
so this way they can test your general patho and physio..just know the kaplan very well and make assicoation..they love associations..when you study preload, think what are things that can increase or decrease preload..drug that can increase and decr. preload..
Microbiology: not really need to do kaplan, Micro is good enough and if you like MMRE then do that and UW question and you are good to go..memrozie the damn bugs.
Immuno: know basics not only disease, they like basics as well..kaplan is good enough..didnt do anything else beside kaplan, FA and questions..
Patho: Goljan and nothing else..just keep doing goljan..you will do good.
Behavior science: thats tough one speciallt doctor-pt. relationship..
can you please send me the HY cell and molecular pdf to abhiraj1.

Thanks. GL .
heres the link, thnx to some good soul,
http://rapidshare.de/files/23206016/Cell...y.rar.html
would you please send me hy molecular question too

medrmtc

goodluck and thank you so much
Thanks a ton!
is there any question in this book?
2confused2bdoctor, you are the most honest and reasonable person who gives THE BEST advice for study!!!

I 100% agree that HY Molecular Biology ia a MUST for the STEP 1. I never beleived those 99ers who said that we only need to study Kaplan + UW. Kaplan is good but it's too detailed...you can get lost in those details, HY for Molecular Biology is what we need. I also agree that HY Cell Biology and HY Histology is a MUST too! I remember some students were saying that they had to point on the picture the location of spectrin - when i opened HY Histology - i found that picture-diagram of erythrocyte with spectrin - BINGO! They have everything for the exam! Osteoclasts are there too...they were asked in exam recently. Thanks for your valuable advice!
wish u great score "99"in all steps
thanks. nice overveiw
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »