Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N.B.M.E challenge! - pepsi00
1. A 62 year old man with a history of alcohol dependence is admitted to the hospital for transurethral resection of the prostate.The following morning while being transported
to the operating room,he has two generalized tonic seizures withing 5 mins.(WHILE AT THE HOSPITAL HE CAN NOT DRINK,SO HE IS GETTING WITHDRAWAL SYMTPOMS) Neurologic examination following the second seizure no focal abnormalities(NOT REALLY AN EPILEPTIC PATIENT,SO HOW HE GETTIN THAT SEIZURE , Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis? Answer A

A 45-year-old man has had four episodes of involuntary twitching of the right foot( THIS IS CLUE,VOLUNTARY CONTROL OF FOOT IS GONE SO,(.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_motor_cortex) Following the last episodes, he had a tonic-clonic seizure( dont get distracted by this,seizures usually can orginate anywhere from brain). Which of the following structures on the left is the most likely origin of the seizure?
1) a
2) a
skylight99- why do you chose A for 2?
i myself get seizure to see this CNS q. i think its d for no. 2.
rizo-you are right, well lets add a point what will happen if someone damages there anterior cerebral artery,what part of there body is affected and what happens if middle cerebral artery in respects to the primary motor strip
just a guess,have no idea .
thinking of frontal lobe control mood ,behaviour concentration?????
have no connection ,i know
3. There is a bimodal distribution during an experiment.

Experiement consist of the distribution of plasma concentrations for isoniazid 6 hours
after oral adminstration to a large group of subjects.
Why this genetic variability is occuring?

A. Gastrointestinal pH and motility
B. Hepatic acetyltransferase activity
C. Hydroxylase polymorphism
D. Plasma cholinesterase activity
E. Plasma Protein Structure
ant cerebral a-----------supplu leg and foot area
middle cerebral a--------supply arm and hand, brocas,visual field area
for those who want to restate the question again if its wrong due to whatever,copy and paste the question again and highlight what i said or quote whoever else's point to correct it. Moving on.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »