Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J 1 visa fron india lets help in the process - adwitya82
is this true !!! again fear of visa rejection Sad
hey rsy,

what's ur rationale in saying that visas will be denied? do u know anyone who got a denial??? u too need a J1, right? what's ur plan??? doesn't change of status take 4-5 months? plz share any infor that u may have...
bump... guys i am getting anxious.. anyone else wanna comment on what rsy said... plz...
Hi guys,
Just wanted to share a few things I learnt during this proces about the cover letter and copies of the passport
1. Cover letter - This is just a letter mentioning that u have obtained a residency position at ---univ and are appllyinf for a j1 visa therefore requesting a statement of need...address it to Mr. N.Sathyan who is the current Undersecretary. Please make sure that u sign this letter!!
2. Copy of passport- The person I talked to asked me to include all pages in the passport other than the blank ones..
hey mathu...i thought we just need to send the first and last page of the passport...isnt that right??
med2004,
The lady I spoke to at the Ministry of Health in India asked me to include copies of passport pages that had relevant information..So I included the first and the last pages plus copies of the ones with my visa...Anyway, I recieved my statement of need a few weeks back...so hope this helps..
mathu how long did it take for you to get your SON
Hi mathu,
Did u prematch? how did you get your contract papers so soon?Correct me if I'm wrong-but u cant apply for SON without your contract papers,right?
Documents required for visa interview at the embassy

Exchange Visitor “ visa class J

Principal Applicant
1. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC Bank and interview appointment letter.
2. SEVIS generated Form DS-2019 in original, approved and signed by the University authority.
3. Proof of payment of SEVIS Fee Receipt I-901, if applicable.
4. Evidence of financial resources.
5. If you are being funded by an Organization (Indian or American), a letter from the organization explaining what funding will be provided.
6. Original Bachelor degree transcripts or high school diploma along with mark sheets from previous institutions attended.
7. If you are applying for a J-visa under a US Government (G) programme, you will need to apply directly at the US Embassy or Consulate.

Spouse / Dependent Children
1. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC Bank and interview appointment letter.
2. Individual Form DS-2019 in original approved and signed by the University authority.
3. A copy of the Form DS-2019 of the Principal Applicant.
4. Photocopy of the principal applicant™s valid visa (if applying separately).
5. Original Marriage certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
6. Original Birth certificate (for each child).
7. Additional financial resources to support the dependents.
spyk777,
The SON reached my house in India around 3 weeks after I had sent it from here(USA). I chose to recieve the doc at my residence in India because they use speed post to mail the SON if the destination is in India itself versus regular air mail for addresses in US.

doctor76,
Yes, I prematched in Dec but started the visa processing only in Feb.
Yes, you do need to include a copy of the contract. I didnt mention that because someone had already mentioned the list of documents needed to request for a SON.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »