Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J 1 visa fron india lets help in the process - adwitya82
mathu what is the immediate next step after getting the SON. thanks a lot for your reply. appreciate it.
spyk777,
The next step after getting ur SON is to send that along with the other documents needed for a j1 visa to the PC of ur institution.

here are the documents u need to send( I've just copy pasted it from the form in the ECFMG website)..
http://www.ecfmg.org/evsp/evspicln.pdf

1. Statement of Need

2. Contract or letter of offer

3.APPLICATION FORM FOR INITIAL SPONSORSHIP : The applicant must complete and sign Section A. The TPL ( Program co-ordinator in most cases) must review Section A and complete and sign Section B.

4. current CV ( i used the ERAS one)

5. Copy of passport name page

6.$200.00 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE - pay it via OASIS

7. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION (if applicable)
􀂈 Copies of Form(s) IAP-66 and/or DS-2019 if the applicant has previously held J-1 visa status.
􀂈 Proof of country of most recent legal permanent residence if this differs from country of citizenship.
􀂈 Official documentation of funding source, terms, amount, and U.S. dollar equivalent if other than or in addition to hospital training stipend

8. RETURN AIRBILL FOR EXPEDITED DELIVERY TO THE TPL (optional, but recommended). If the application is approved, ECFMG will issue Form DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status, to the TPL via first-class U.S. mail. ECFMG is not authorized to release the Form DS-2019 directly to the applicant. To expedite delivery, it is recommended that a prepaid/preaddressed courier service airbill be included with the application. Time constraints prevent EVSP staff from addressing airbills

Not sure If I missed anything...Pls do point out any mistakes..
Thank you mathu Smile
To mathu,
which address and phone number did u put in your assurance letter annexure , i mean (below the place where you are supposed to sign either your U.S address,phone number or permanent address in india)

Thanks.

dont mess wid me u parasites....go to the country where u belong dont parasite my nation and pollute my waters ....go get ....get out hush up and leave u fools...u country wont give us residency nonetheless it wont even give u resdency..
Report Abuse

* Re:american man is back
americanman - 03/25/09 11:19

dont takes our positions because ur countries rejected u for residencies....hahhahha
rejects
getresidency,
I wrote my US address and phone number there.
spyk777,
I'm glad I could help..
i heard all J-1 visas will be cancelled , is this true guys ???
Mathu and others,

Thanks for the information, I have a question, if you could help me with that;
I am sending all the required documents to one of my friends in Delhi, Can he collect my
"statement of need" letter from the office and ship it to me?

Thanks mathu and others.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »