Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what if the first paragraph of the PS was copied - beesh81
hi beesh81
sorry to hear that you are involved with those services. ECFMG controls every thing, and this why it is called ecfmg/eras. if they dont have access to you eras then whoooom is uploading our LORs, MSPEs, certificates.............
beware even if they dont have access, they work with NRMP as one group and it is not easy for your PS to be downloaded by them in the opposite direction of the abovementioned documents.
hope my answer satisfy your query.
Hey guys
For God sakes, I never used any services, I wrote the whole PS by myself but for my bad luck I found an intoduction in an old PS sample in the internet, which I liked and decided to include it im my PS.
its only the first paragraph !!!!!!
what should I do right now????????
Upload a new PS with different first paragraph??????????????
PLZ help
I never thought it will end like this.
hey am just curious wat kind of services r u guys talkin about???? editing// ??? i tried to chek on the net midhell services but cudnt find any service wit that name? has anyone tried to check????

look...i honestly think that nothing will happen to anyone. Things never change. The system never changes. Its like the same politics over and over again. Take assurance in that.

However, the fact that you are defending yourself about taking a paragraph is truly a reflection of your lack of remorse and ability to realize what you did is wrong. Period.

And you are not the first one to do it nor the last. Its been going on for years and years. The problem is that this system for doctors is definately not protected by a whole set of upheld ethics. It still feels like 1959...the way things are run and the expectations.

No one will care about the PS. They still want the 99 99 99 regardless of the thief or cheat you are.

Rest assured, nothing will happen. And to those of us who dont even fathom of doing such a thing....our bad lucks.

Cheaters always prosper
I never thought this is a cheating!
I am not defending anything!
I know its a bad mistake which I did driven by my bad luck!!!!
WHat to do now????????
Upload new one or do nothing???????????

well obviously the answer is 'do something'

I would track your applications to see what has been downloaded by the programs.

I would then send a new PS to the programs that have NOT downloaded your information.

It would see just ODD if the programs are in possession of two downloaded PS's. You may, by accident, expose yourself by that process.

That is what i would do. Be careful if they have already downloaded the PS...you dont want them to have two different ones...that may invoke suspicion
am not sure if midhell services exists at all????? has anyone else received a first hand information directly from their PDs???? how genuine is the post??? sounds like they are tryin to spread panic and nothin more than that
All Programs I applied to already downloaded all my documents including the PS!
Beesh , calm down now. I understand its easier said than done but just hope for the best. Friends lets not spread anxiety in this forum anymore. Don't we already have enough stress to handle? Not that I did this but I can imagine how somebody can get anxious reading all this.
I think you shouldn't do anything for now because it's kinda too late to do anything anyway. In case you attend interview and is asked about it, just tell honestly that you were looking from the internet for a sample PS & tell them the truth, that you didn't know 1 paragraph is considered plagiarism. But explain this only if you are asked, don't start to bring the subject yourself.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »