Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a very old grad! my score 236/99 - drmr50
congratulations u r agreat man I am an old graduate 1993and board certified in 2000 not very hopeful u realy inspired me hope the best for u
congrats. you give me hope Smile
Dear drmr50,
Thank you very much for posting your wonderful experience. I am also an old grad and your story has inspired me beyond words.
I have never worked since graduation , so my situation is even tougher than yours as I neither have knowledge of a fresh grad nor the experience of a practicing old grad.
Anyways, your story tells me that there is hope !!!!!!
Please let me know what Goljan did you read ? Goljan rapid review or his notes ? Did you listen his lectures too ? Were you a top student in your class ?
Thanks in advance and best of luck with the future steps.
Thank you all. The result was also inspiring for myself!
Dear goforitnow
Yes there is always hope, never give up. I read Goljan rapid review (text) which is a very nicely condenced pathology and pathophysiology review, but it is too more than enough for exam. if you have time it is great but if your time is short go for notes. I didn't read the notes or listen to audios.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply drmr50 .
I feel that Goljan RR is a little too much to retain in this old head of mine , lol.
One more question please , what do you suggest for Microbiology ? Kaplan Micro is too dry. I have read Micro made ridiculously simple but will it be enough for the exam ?
Thanks in advance.
Dear goforitnow
both kaplan and MMRS are more than enough for the exam. FA and UW is enough. I suggest you make sure you know clinical scenarios for infectious diseases and viral classification and antiviral drugs good. I forgot to review antivirals in last reading and lost 2-3 questions.
Dear drmr50,
Thank you very much for answering my questions.
Wish you all the best.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

It s very inspiring hearing stories like yours. I am also an old grad with children and working partime...sometimes I feel so overwhelmed, I think it is impossible, but testimonies like yours, will indeed keep me going. Best of luck to you...
Dear gaba
in our age family could be a strong support. actually during this year my wife and daughters sacrificed a lot to support me with their love and earnings.
dear drmr50
i have couple of questions
1. do you recomend FA to old grad, as i used it but dont no why i dont feal myself comfortable with it , as its not enough.
2. what you say about skype study partner. did you use it? now a days i have motivational problem so thinking of SP but on other hand some people on forum says its difficult to find a good study partner n you will loose alot of time.
... YOUR SUGESTIONS WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECITATED.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »