Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a very old grad! my score 236/99 - drmr50
Dear Friends
reading some of the postts in this forum, I want to share my experience about importance of NBMEs. I do think everyone should do 1-2 of these online both to get to know how the real exam looks and to find out the weakness and strenghts of himself. It really helped me and improved my score.
Dear Toori
1-as to the FA , I found it a good summary though I didn't read all its chapters. it is not a txtbook but is a good sum of what have been previously questioned in the exams. It is not enough but if you have time read it at least once. As I see FA+UW covers most of topics.
2- as to the study partner, I think it depends to your study habits. I always prefer to study alone and think that a partner slows my pace of reading. A middle way is to study on your own and share your questions or findings on a regular basis (say weekly ) with a partner.
On the other hand good partners will keep each other motivated and increase depth of understanding when needed. As to my experience< believe it or not, I got motivated many times in this forum reading the experiences of other friends. SO AGAIN it all depends on your needs.
AWESOME mate , I guess u are a source of Inspiration . . . . . . Good show . All the best for the match.
thank you very much for replyin
you answered what i wante to kno.
thanks again
drmr50@

first of all congratulations.

second can you please tell if you will get residency as you are old graduate?
i am old graduate too . it's been 10 years of my graduation and people saying it's hard to find residency if some one is more than 5 years out of medicine.
so what are your thoughts?

thankx

Hi dr_mommy
I don't know from where you guys get these crappy ideas? The people who told you these, are not your friend and they actually don't want you to move forward.
There are lot of residences who graduated 10-15 years ago, may be more.
I know a lot of them.
So, don't listen to people, just make your target to finish up these exams and try for it.
If you have potentiality you will even get a residency in your 60.
Age does not matter, motivation matters most.

Thanks and good luck
drock...dear brother/sister this world for u....
i need this message too.
thx .good luck(no matter i wish u or not,people like u always rock...)
Hey drmr50, Congratulations

I'm old graduate too and your achievement inspiring me.
I have started my preparation just few weeks ago, and as you said UW is a must. BUT when to start UW? after finish all kaplan books or while studying?

looking forward you answer and Congrats again
I am also a old graduate, '99. I am very encourage for your testimony. My exam is this Wednesday. It is right that perseverance is the way for this exam. Endurance, besides our limitation, no mather fresh or old graduate.

Hope you the best for the next steps. I am sure that your children wil value your effor.

Would you give me some tips about time management???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »