Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a very old grad! my score 236/99 - drmr50
thanks for advise... Good luck for your next steps..
Congrats!! God bless all hard workers -- me 2 please am trying :/
Dear doc4life
thanks. God bless all!

here I am repeating my comments written for another friend in the forum (drmdad):
I hope it will help beginners:
to my experience a combination of sources like Kaplan notes+FA+UW is more than enough, but everyone may choose other sources according to his needs. it all depends on our goal+ experience+ time
First we should make clear what is our goal? then work on selecting good sources, then make a good time plan.
i always say this to all: well begun is half done! but I didn't do that myself and started without a good plan and wasted at least 4 months changing my plan and pace of study.
SO
I think that at the beginning it is better to read carefully instructions in information booklet of ECFMG , then a very helpful chapter at the beginning of First Aid book containing especially good hints about timing and the sequence of subjects. there are also some pdf files available about how to make a study schedule for step 1. But at the end, our schedule should be unique and depends on our needs and experiences.
Thank You for your response and good luck on your second part.
drmr50 i respect ur generiousity, u r so kind as u r keep on posting replys n other helpfull stuff for this forum members, may ALLAH bless u n giv u wa evr u want.
Dear sz123
I was a silent viewer of this forum for 1 year and I learned a lot from those who shared their experiences. Now I feel I owe to new freinds to share my experience and fortunately I have a few weeks before starting for step 2 so I come here very often enjoying the atmosphere of help and hope and consultation! you are all great!
dear drmr50 plz let me kno wat is stuff for step2
thx
Dear sz123
I'm going to start with UW and FA and FORUM, mainly. As I am already familiar with clinical sciences through my prolonged experience,I don't want to go through Kaplan notes as the basic source but only to consult them where I feel necessary. Hope to see you in the ck forum. I'll start from next week.
thanks alot drmr50
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »