Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a very old grad! my score 236/99 - drmr50
drmr50,,,,pls explain the style of q,,r the close to nbme or uw,,,pls tell me how is ur exp with biostst,,,congrats for ur great job.
Dear usmleinny
As far as I can remember Qs were more similar to NBME, a combination of very simple (5-10% may be) , moderatly difficult ( most Qs ) and very difficult ( again5-10%) Qs. there are always very difficult Qs that you can't even imagine what you should have had read to know about them! But don't panic they are very few!
I can say that on the average they were less difficult than UW. actually my score was also closely correlated with NBME online score.
As to the biostat, all Qs that I had were simple straight forward, just like that they are asking about definitions of concepts.
Sir,
Congratulation for your grades. I have joined this forum few days ago and put one question about the success for old graduate.You are the first one who encouraged me with your replies. Today I have read your whole story also other old graduates.I have taken the print out of all the 8 pages of your discussion with all and your advised given to me too.These will be helpful for my study. I really appreciate your sincerity to reply to all who ask even a small thing.
Thankyou again.
Dear lotus69
you are most welcome! Let me tell you something about some of my own motivations. I came to the sates in my fifties last year thinking that there will be no more palce for me to work here. But later I saw physicians at my age coming and succeeding to find a place of residency. I read in the statistics of that every year 5% of those who are enrolled in the USA Medical Schools are over 50 years of age ( those who want to start medicine). And interstingly I found out that one of my perofessors at the university with whom I studied 30 years ago in my country, now is working in USA in his late seventies! The conclusion goes without saying: There is hope! wish you a very good days of study and very good result. I enjoyed studying basic science again and wish you'll also enjoy it!
Congrats!You inspired me.. IMG old graduate 1995 trying for my Step 1.decided to do all my steps then to take it from there,wishing still to be trained in US.I'll do my very best to stay focus with my review.Thanks again.
Dear rmhpedia
You are welcome! I wish you all the best in this exciting endeavor!
Wao what a motivation, i graduated 2001, and i ve not worked for the past 5yaers i feel its impossible but how wrong i am, thanks for this and congrates.
thanks drmr50,,,,
Dear usmleinny
you are welcome! I owe very mch to friends in this forum and I'm glad that I can be a source of motivation and hope for some of friends here.
i need motivation can u plz email me at drashfaq14
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »