Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April exam taker ----- Lets make a group - harrisonusmle
A healthy 21-year-old female medical student heard that if she used to eat more salt with food there is incresed chance of hypertension. So with her normal kidneys decreases sodium intake by 50% for a period of 2 months. Which of the following parameters is expected to increase in response to the reduction in sodium intake?

Options:

A. Arterial pressure

B. Atrial natriuretic peptide release

C. Extracellular fluid volume

D. Renin release

E. Sodium excretion

count me in too guys keep it up

stepspeare.

located in fort worth,Tx area anyone in the same area ?? email me
Renin release
A 67-year-old man with moderate renal dysfunction presents with influenza-like symptoms. The patient also has a red macular rash that first appeared on the ankles, then spread centrally. He reports nausea, vomiting, and profound restlessness. He states that he was recently hiking with some friends in the mountains, about a week ago. Rickettsia rickettsiae is demonstrated by immunohistochemistry on skin biopsy. Which of the following agents would be most appropriate to
treat this patient's infection?

Options:

A. Demeclocycline

B. Doxycycline

C. Methacycline

D. Oxytetracycline

E. Tetracycline
BB
to raif,

the 40 y woman with RUQ abd pain with possibly suggesting gallstone disease probably has bile duct obstruction which would prevent the bile from reaching the small intestine and progressing through the intest tract where bacteria would hydrolyze (conj bili) and reduce (free bili) into urobilinogen. Therefore, no urobilinogen is present in urine. On the other hand, b/c of obstrxn, conj bili has access to blood and therefore filtered by the kidneys. A positive bilirubin in urinalyisis will result.
Count me in friends.......my exam is on end of March...
Doing Pharmacolgy now.
What about you?
Still doing Pharmacology. From saturday Microbiology insallah.
What about you guyz?
KEEP IN TOUCH.
A 75-year-old man with a history of rheumatoid arthritis presents complaining of progressively worsening fatigue and weight loss. He has lost 30 lbs over the past two months and is losing his appetite. A stool guaiac is positive and his hematocrit is 32%. Considering the most likely cause of this patient's anemia, which value is most likely to be decreased?

A. RBC protoporphyrin B. Serum ferritin C. Serum iron D. Soluble transferrin receptor levels E. Total iron binding capacity
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »