Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 12' exam takers lets get together over h - tg2009
i never leave a subject unless im done with that NO MATTER WHAT..at the end of it sometimes i hate the book but deep in the heart thers this strange sense of accomplishment so dont quit just now,biochem is an imp one esp mol bio +genetics,even if ur sepnding a few more days on it,well worth it!
@ owlcity:

mol bio and genetics are given really well in kaplan notes.i keep my FA along n read every topic from that 1st.then do kaplan.and then QS(kaplan for now,will Do UW for biochem at the end.coz im also not so good at biochem..needs to do more n more qs to grab the concept)

genetics : is good in kaplan but i think its moer about how they test the concepts of genetics so better do more qs.

metabolisms: read everything BUT plz add only the imp stuff in a summarized form to teh CYCLES.coz at the end u wont have the time to read the whole chapter.

i have followed one thing that helped me a alot...wherever there are figures or cycles or tables i try to add everything else to them so at revision i dont have to do the whole chapter..imagine how convenient it would be to read only 3-4 pages out of a 10 page chapter.

best of luckSmile
my email: nj_f_30
@tg2009

hi am almost doing the same thing ..but i usually do the kap notes first .and when i finish it i go thru fa .. that makes it much faster and serves as a 2nd rev .... then i do uw q ..i did the kap q book last time .. so not doing it this time ..

i agree the same for genetics .. they make u think a lot with the qs ..
and ya i ve added all the imp things in the cycles .. and took print outs of the pdf file cycles and stuck them right in front of my tab .. so that i can corelate all the cycles .. not having to open all the pages again .. it helped me a lot .. esp cos i m real poor in biochem .. people say give the least time for biochem .. i m taking a lot of time .. but i think its worth putting in the time . cos i m very poor in it too..

thing is i didnt add anything in fa .. so i was kind a confused cos i dont ve anymore time to add in fa .. and i feel like i ll miss out all the notes that i wrote in kap notes

i plan to finish biochem atleast by this saturday .. but m goin so slow .. got stuck with gluconeogenesis fm morn ..

good luck .. what subs are u doing next ..
@ owlcity: dont worry if ur taking time at biochem,its no standard to follow(leats imp so least time)..u put ur time into what u think u dont know/are weak at.so dont worry.if all that time helps u become better at ur weak subject then thats what matters coz u never knw if ur exam has more biochem qs than others.

ur doin the right thing,i dunno why people follow so many books.the combo of kaplan ,Fa n Uworld is the best...Smile

guess i will be done with genetics by wednesday and then need 5 days for metabolism IA.then the week of christmas wouldnt be much studying im afraid coz family needs time too...anyway i plan to start Pharma next,wana join in?Smile

best of luck always!

@dristrlu: hey welcome here and do u plan to take step1 in march too?good luck!
i m doing uworld will finish abt 25 dec than will revise again u world and weak topics.............
@tg2009

me too .. my plan was to finish biochem on 15 th.. which didnt materialize..so hope fully finish it my tues or wed .. then some 3-4 ds gap .. then start pharmac .. had plans to finish pharmac by dec end .. that too does not look quite so real now .. lets see ..

@20099

hi //
how s bio chem going on .. i finished it today .. started uw today ,, did very very bad ,, relly down today .. how s study goin on ..
I am planning to take it February/March 2012
Serious study partner needed in Chicago.
I just started with Kaplan notes books.
@ owlcity: hi,i couldnt study a word over the weekend(i knew that..so enjoyed time with family,cooked meals for the whole week,watched TV)but started with genetics already,didnt find it difficult as i was worried about that.so far so good ,plan to finish in 3 days with all qs from kaplan and UW.IA.
n hey dont u worry about UW score...why would u even score urself in the 1st place?okay...just do what...do all UW qs again(once u read the mistakes n if something needed fine tuning from kaplan notes)im sure ull get more than 60%Smilei will ask u tomorrow!

@drendocrine: welcome to teh club!if ur interedted in skype /phone studying ,leme know,we r in the same time zone but im located a lil east to chicago-4 hrs drive to be precise.and do combine kaplan notes with a lot of QS ,i would say get UW q bank /kaplan q bank alongside.

@ don870: good going,im also almost done with UW but i did it subject wise,now have to revise everything including the weak subjects (kaplan+Uw + FA )from mid january hopefully.

best of luck everyone!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »