Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 12' exam takers lets get together over h - tg2009
Hello
I am also giving the exam in March 2012. I am currently doing Pharmac. Anybody interested in joining me as a online study partner please email me at usmlevictory12
I have completed Kaplan Biochem, patho, physio, goljan. Yet to complete Immuno, Anat, Micro, Beh. Sc
I am also doing UW.
@drendocrine where r u studying in Chicago?
@ vctory12: welcome over hereSmile
@ owlcity: i have a qs for u: in X linked disorder when will a female get the disease?(a heterozygousXx female is a carrier and homozygousXX is normal,male affected is an xY)
* its about X linked recessive inheritence
in x-linked inheritance , a female can manifest a ds only when she is a manifesting heterozytote

if in the process of random inactivation of x chrom in during the blastocysts stage .. if she ends up with an inactivation of normal gene carrying x chom(x-n) she ll be left with the abnormal gene carrying the x chrom(x-abn). and since the normal x chrom was inactivated she ll not produce normal amount enzyme {coded by the normal gene (x-n)which was inactivated}
and hence she ll manifest the ds or enzyme deficiency .. (even though she has the normal gene ,which unluckily got inactivated.)

i dont know if i m right , but thats to the best of my understanding ..
hey owlcity ur understanding is perfectSmile
tg2009

thanks .. theres one thing i never got ..

kap notes pg333
how first cousins share 1/8 of there genes .. second cousins 1/32.. uncles and neice 1/4 ..
@tg2009 Thanks a lot. I am very much tensed. This forum is very nice. The suggestions and the comments of all the people in this link really helps you.
I am doing Phramac now. If Anyone in this forum is doing that subject and wants to connect online then please send me an email on usmlevictory12 and we can discuss through skype.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »