Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody 40 years old or more and study for exam? - mandana
AndMona86 you are not superior than others, but you HAVE MUCH MORE EXPERIENCE than others and being anestiologist is an art on its own..Therefore, with a decent score and proper networking and God’s help, you will be more than ok..
Warmly Yours,
Antonella
thx Antonella. you are really kind
I hope for all people any where to prove their dreams.
and tell you and all the guys, today will be tha last day for me to post or to hear from this forum. and thx again
GOD BLESS LEENA, KASHVI AND OTHERS...

See..none of us was rude...Monad was the first one to come out and call my question stupid etc....If you are going to be rude, then dont expect sweet answers. And the same goes for antonella...Nobody was yelling at antonella before she started posting negative stuff in here....Your post highly criticised the young doctors...What ddo you expect them to reply??
Now I have seen antonella's posts on the other threads and I highly respect her....except for the beahaviour I see above.

Now about the debate of over and under 40, why do you think most hospitals have filters for old imgs??....That itslef should be an eye opener for you all!! Program directors do NOT want old grads...and its okay if you dont want to give ME an explanation...I really dont care...but you WILL have to face the questions that I put up.

And hope is good as antonella says...but all those examples that antonella described are rare real life examples. I have SEVERAL real life examples where people have got 99s in their old age but have been rejected from residencies. It is a depressing scene!!

Look...Nobody is discouraging anyone. Such people are actually an encouragement for all of us. So go ahead. study. But just be aware of the reality of the situation. It is harder to do residency in old age. Not that worth it either. Thats all. The rest is a personal decision of each person. And yes, in this country everybody is free to do anything they want. Good Luck everyBody...:-)
Well,Kashvi,
I MUST say that I enjoy reading your post and there is a lot of truth in what you are saying also. In the end, we both pay “price “when you look it, especially when we decide to go into medicine. Most of people in U.S. do work and do many things in the same time. Also, there are many people in the forum who do ONLY studies and then they start to criticize the “old “and “the different “ where we are all different ,even if we were brothers and sisters. They are programs that they ONLY want fresh graduates, but all the AMG graduates are not ONLY 30 yrs old .They are programs that are IMG Friendly Only. They are programs that have graduation year cut off. They are all kinds of programs. Now, for some people juggling family and professional Life is not an easy task, but yes –when you know that you have someone to come home and someone to be there for you –than we forget about all the hassles.
You see, people have different priorities in Life. For some people family was first choice priority and carrier was a second choice .For others –the opposite. There is not correct way here because what is good for me might not be good for others. It is sad that in your case you can’t or a man couldn’t accept you without USMLE or residency, but that is part of your man from your culture in general. It is hard to go and against your own culture, but each culture has bad and good things in it.Me personally, I went against my own culture in order to be happy. My husband did the same.Again,in the end young or “old “ we all pay the price for being a doctors ,especially in this country.And,you know sometimes doctors here CAN’T enjoy properly the paychecks because they are working all the time, but that is why the significant others will do that for them (lol)…
Again, it is no doubt that fresh graduates will have MORE CHANCE to get residency of their choice, but people at 40 can get it ,also (% are less, but it is possible ).Again,AMG are $200 000 + from the start, so they have another headache to think about it….I am glad that my teenage daughter is not interested in medicine –Thank God…
Cio
Warmly Yours,
Antonella

After this stupid catfight I find it hard to go to sleep after discouraging ....I really dont want to discourage anybody here....So all you ladies over 40 please keep it up and study...go ahead...who knows you may shoot all 99s and get into residency with that kind of determination.....There is nothing stopping you..So do it. There is a chance to do this as long as you are alive...So take the chance and do it. I dont want to discourage anybody.

We young imgs are going through a depression of our own!

And yes, anotonella I think you understood some of my pains this time...yeah it is the lack of a significant other in life that kills us...but we keep going. May we all get into residency! I wish ill of noone. And I am sorry for all the rude talk that I said.

Btw...antonella...what other field is your daughter going into??...May be I could get more ideas!! ...Becoz in my life things are so bad that I wish I could quit sometimes!!....
Monad86,
Why are you letting people get on you like this???

Mona86…Why you let people “sink you in”….You can also write your opinion and read and filter of what you want….I am voicing my opinion that can go either way and people will accept and filter of what they like. I take to consideration all people opinions, but I do not have to agree.Now,the story is switching that I am “attacking” the young doctors.Well,it is not a rocket science that fresh graduates are more ”appealing” for some programs, but they are also saying that people with 99 didn’t get in, neither. If people in U.S. call someone 40 y.o old an OLD person, they will have a serious problem at work for sure. There is nothing to be ashamed of the 40 y/o age or young age. We all bring something to the table, but what else can I say.
I am very rarely on the forum in the past year, but I couldn’t resist some of the “no –sense “ at least for me…
hello,

Happy to be here and feel quiet encourage after reading all your inspirational efforts.
In fact, I am not 40 yet. But have a lot of hesitation to start this journey.
Considering so many factors like visa issue, matching, etc. etc....
But I will try to do my best.
All the best to you all.
Cheers.
I will be 40 by the time I will get residency at the pace am going more than year for step 1..
Dear Kashvi,
No problem dear. There is an article that I read online –there is a 98 y/o old or something physician from Cincinnati, OH still practicing medicine. How about that???
Try to google it and you might find it …So, according to our native culture, he should be just relaxing, but he is still doing it…
Thanks for asking about my daughter. She is 14 y/o old and she likes to become a president of U.S.She like to become a lawyer. She is already taking public speaking classes in her high school and she is playing sports bc she wants to get a scholarship. I am also 5 months pregnant with another girl. So, we are maybe to “old “for the youngsters in here, but not old for God, nor for my husband who is actually much younger than me.I do understand your pain, but you have to go for it from what you WANT in Life. There is no GAIN w/o a PAIN. Just do your USMLE ,get a decent score ,improve your resume with volunteer or paid work experience and be yourself at the interviews and etc…What is yours will come …do the hard work, but smart work and pray to Your God to guide you and to bring you the husband of your heart. Sometimes, it is better to be alone, than with some smack” who will put you down or control you. To give you some hope, even in my forty ,I am able to carry a health pregnancy and they have told me that my blood level hormones are like 29 y/o woman.We can have “everything” ,but not in the same time !!
Have a good night and sleep tight and do not let the bed bugs to bite ya..oki docki…
Warmly Yours,
Antonella

wow...president of usa...wow...lol...well good luck...there can be only one president!!....lol....and Congratulations on your pregnancy.....I am 33...and am freaked out of turning 35!!...and am still virgin due to the idiotic guys of my culture!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »